Check out our recruitment video below!
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT/CLERK OF THE BOARD
Salary Range: $60,876 – $73,986 (Currently Under Review)
Application Period: November 1, 2017 – Until Filled
Application Procedure: Interested applicants must submit the following items 1) SCORE Application, 2) Resume and 3) Supplemental Questions to Lucinda Gibbon by mail (20817 17th Ave S, Des Moines WA 98198) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). The linked Job Announcement provides more information on this position. Final candidates will undergo a stringent background investigation. Please review the Automatic Background Disqualifiers. Questions can be directed to Lucinda Gibbon by email or by calling (206) 257-6220.
CORRECTIONS OFFICER (CO)
Salary: $54,432 - $70,194/annually
Application Period: Continuously Open
ENTRY-LEVEL Application Process & Requirements: Applicants are to contact Public Safety Testing (PST) to participate in the entry level corrections officer testing process. The testing process will consist of a written examination and physical fitness test. PST will forward only passing candidates to SCORE for further consideration. Based on recruitment needs, and after passing SCORE’s review of the candidates Personal History Statement, SCORE will contact the entry level candidate for an interview. To begin the process, contact PST directly at 866-HIRE-911 or 425-776-9615 or visit their website at www.PublicSafetyTesting.com to apply. See below for minimum requirements and above for automatic disqualifiers.
LATERAL LEVEL (Experience) Application Process & Requirements: Lateral applicants are to complete a SCORE Personal History Statement and a SCORE Employment Application. Contact Human Resources at (206) 257-6220 to obtain these documents. Based on recruitment needs, and after passing SCORE’s review of the candidates Personal History Statement, the next phase will then include passing the physical fitness test and an oral board interview. See below for minimum requirements and automatic disqualifiers.
SELECTION STANDARDS for SCORE Corrections Officers
- Must be at least 21 years of age upon hire.
- Must be a U.S. citizen; or currently eligible to work in the United States
- Minimum education: proof of high school diploma or a certified GED.
- A valid Washington State Driver’s License is required prior to being hired.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
- Ability to pass the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission Physical Requirements.
- Ability to successfully complete a comprehensive background investigation to include, but not limited to, a psychological, medical and polygraph exam.
- No felony convictions as an adult.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR LATERAL - To be considered as a lateral (experienced) corrections officer, applicants must also meet the following criteria:
- Three years of experience in a correctional institution with less than a twelve-month break in service.
- Completion of the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission Correctional Academy.
- If you do not meet the three year experience requirement, consideration as a lateral applicant will be made on a case-by-case basis (e.g., you were laid off but are re-hirable, etc.).
Click this link to to view and apply for medical employment openings at SCORE
CORRECTIONS CADET (Part Time)
Salary Range: $13.00 to $15.00 per hour
Application Period: November 23, 2015 – Until Filled
Application Procedure: Interested applicants must complete the following items 1) SCORE Application, and 2) Supplemental Questions. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The linked Job Announcement provides more information on this position. Position is geared towards individuals aged 18 – 20. Candidates who are 21+ are eligible for Corrections Officer positions and will need to go through Public Safety Testing. Final candidates will undergo a stringent background investigation. Please review the Automatic Background Disqualifiers. Questions can be directed to email@example.com or by calling (206) 257-6220.